There is an endless list of things you can see and do in the vicinity of Casa JP.
- Wonderful cycling tours along the Lima River. On the way you will travel past vineyards of the grape variety Loureiro, from which an ultra-fresh white sparkling wine is made.
- Hiking tours to Viana do Castelo with or without a guide, with visits to the Santuário de Santa Luzia (a beautiful basilica), Praça da República (the town square with various historic buildings) or the church Igreja da Misericórdia with its lovely tile pictures, called “azulejos”.
- A visit to Guimarães, a medieval town, about an hour’s drive from Viana do Castelo. This town is on the World Heritage List and is one of the highlights of Northern Portugal.
- Beautiful beaches on the Atlantic ocean, popular by sunbathers and surfers.
- Several golf courses nearby:
For more information you can always contact Jos Peters. He can inform you and provide suggestions about practically anything, from restaurants to trips, bicycle rental, etc.